Proposals for publication 2023
Liquid Amber Press Poetry Call – October 1-31, 2022
We are a small and high-quality poetry press committed to fostering the publication of new Australian poetry. In 2023 we will publish 2-3 poetry monographs (each of 70-80 pages).
We’re looking for work that is:
- Conceptualized as a coherent project, ie not just an accumulation of individual poems or still at the preliminary idea stage. What is the overall idea or theme which connects your poems?
- All individual poems edited to a high level. We recommend that where possible you have already workshopped your poems with others in order to refine and develop them
- ‘In tune’ with Liquid Amber’s interest in the intersections of poetry and the visual, broadly defined.
Please submit an Initial Proposal for our consideration, to include:
- A proposed title for your book
- The table of contents, giving an overview of sections and poem titles where appropriate
- A 150-200 word summary of your proposed book: its key themes, its cohering principles/ideas/images etc. Think of this as something you might include in a preface.
- 20-30 pages of your best poems, indicating where they would likely fit in the manuscript
- A bio of 150-200 words which tells us a little about you and your publishing background
Please send your Initial Proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org between 1- 31 October 2022.
If we like what we see, we will then ask you to submit the Full Manuscript before final decisions are made. All Initial Proposals will be responded to by 1 December 2022, and you will need to be ready to submit your Full Manuscript no later than 15 December. The list of titles to be published by Liquid Amber Press in 2023 will be announced in February 2023.
- October 1-31: Submission of Initial Proposal
- December 1: All Initial Proposals responded to
- December 15: Where invited, submission of Full Manuscript
- February 1, 2023: Announcement of 2-3 accepted titles and publication schedule for 2023
We are looking forward to receiving and reviewing your work!
Any queries to email@example.com